Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Disappearing Books...

My "body clock" has trouble telling the difference between a weekday and a weekend.  Occasionally I get to sleep in on the weekend but usually my internal body clock wakes me up at my normal 5:30AM time. I might try to lay there and argue with it but it normally wins and I'm up, all by myself, in the quiet morning hours.

It happened this Sunday.  Having the luxury of a few hours to myself, I looked for my "Tramp for the Lord" - Corrie ten Boom book and couldn't find it anywhere.  During the search, I found a book that the kids had used for their homeschooling from the Sonlight curriculum, "Daring to Live on the Edge". (linked here) It's by Loren Cunningham, founder of Youth With A Mission (YWAM). 

I sat outside on the back porch and read the first two chapters. As the rest of the family woke up, I started to get everyone ready for church and forgot about the book that I left on the back porch. 

Sundays have become quiet family days for us, they weren't always like that but that's what they've become in the last year or so. It wasn't until later in the day that I asked if anyone had seen my "Tramp for the Lord" book.  My college-age daughter said, "Oh, yeah, the parts of the book you read to me were so good I had to read the whole thing.  I have it up in my bedroom.  Sorry...."

There, lying on the living room coffee table, was the "Daring to Live on the Edge" book.  It was book marked at page 165.  I looked around and said, "Who's been reading the book I got out this morning?" 

My husband said, "Oh, that was me.  I found it on the back porch and started reading it." 

"I guess its pretty good, huh?"

"He said, "Yeah, not bad."

He has about 25 pages to go until he finishes it. 

4 comments:

  1. That is so great. It totally made me smile!!
    Chelsea and I do that to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are huge readers here too! Books everywhere and lots of "I want to read that when you finish it!"

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read that years ago now that I think of it! Maybe a reread!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a blessing to have a family of readers! We are big book people too!

    ReplyDelete