- A Co-op Incident to Deal With
- A Thirty Year Old Emotional "Wound" Was Opened
- A Scary Trip to the Emergency Room With Our Son
- Extreme Pain From Ovarian Cysts
- Doctor Appts / Tests
- Deadlines...Deadlines...Deadlines...Homeschool Stuff to Turn In to the School District, Additional Paperwork Needed for College Financial Aid, School Applications Due, Co-Op Yearbook to Finish Up, Newsletter Deadlines Starting.
- No hot water because we ran out of fuel oil.
- Ripped the whole house apart looking for "lost" library books two weeks in a row.
How can it be called Unfortunate Events if they caused you to dwell, converse/cry out, rely more on God?
So...they were "Unexpected Events" used by God to bring me to my knees...a new place...a deeper place...somewhere He desires me to be.
A few days ago, during our "reading time" (I try to set aside an hour every day for the boys to read. I know school is over but blame it on the Ben Carson story. I'm making them read. I read aloud to them for about 20 minutes and then they must finish out the hour with quiet reading on their own. Yes, they complain but I pull rank.)
So during our reading time, I read from the Bible about Jacob wrestling with the angel and being touched on the hip. This experience made a huge spiritual change in Jacob. When Jacob told the angel his name voluntarily, it was an act of surrender. He came out of this experience with not only a new name (Israel) but also a new behavior and attitude and, of course, a limp. A limp that would remind him of his dependence on God.
May we always be willing to say..."Change me...whatever it takes Lord...whatever it takes."